Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Community Supported Agriculture

As defined by Local Harvest, "A CSA, (for Community Supported Agriculture) is a way for the food buying public to create a relationship with a farm and to receive a weekly basket of produce. By making a financial commitment to a farm, people become "members" (or "shareholders," or "subscribers") of the CSA."
I am the CSA site coordinator between a local Illinois farmer and my neighborhood church community. My husband and I are 3-season shareholders. We share our box, and a weekly egg subscription, with two other households. I love eating local produce in season. Interested? Check out the Local Harvest website for opportunities in your area.

**

My brother Dave and his family are part-time farmers in the north Georgia mountains. They sell greens at a few local high-end restaurants. Doesn't it look delicious?!!
(originally uploaded on the blog Chipped China).

No comments: