Friday, June 27, 2008

The Go Go Girls


Brad and I wanted to add some artwork to the walls in our living room but LARGE original artwork is so dang expensive! Don't get me wrong, I fully support artists and their work but at the present time, we just don't have the budget for fine art investments.

In the fall of 2006, I happened to catch a segment on Martha Stewart and she was making t-shirts using these amazing (and inexpensive!) graffiti stencils from Stencil1.

GoGo girl stencil $10.50
Blue 2-ounce Benjamin Moore Color Sample paint- about $4.00
Cheap!!!

A bit Andy Warhol-ish?



...I hate our (free) old lady sofa.

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Am I on crank? This looks very familiar! ha! Anyways, love the go-go girls...shake it.

littlebyrd said...

I think you sofa is kinda cute :)
I like what you did with the walls - very cool. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I did the make the bag - it is a very easy pattern in the Lotta Jansdotter book Simple Sewing - you should check it out - lots of great ideas!

Mrs.French said...

Awesome art! Oh and I am with Little Byrd...I kind of like the sofa.

Leanne said...

Oh, Alyssa, I think you're just laughing! It looks familiar because it is our usual New Years gathering (2006? Before you and Pete traveled around Europe?)

Little Byrd- I must confess, I'm not much of a sewer but I will check out Lotta Jansdotter book Simple Sewing. Thanks for the recommendation!

Mrs. French- really...you both kinda like the sofa? I tried various slipcovers but always had to return them. The sofa seems a bit smaller than average. Any suggestions to update the look?

Thank you for stopping by my little site. Have a lovely weekend!

littlebyrd said...

I don't know - maybe some pillows. I always think pillows can totally change the look of the sofa. Something modern but in the same color scheme would be kind of cool.

Leanne said...

Yes, a few *modern* pillows would be a nice touch! All the more reason to check out that Simple Sewing book!

Unknown said...

What a creative use of stencils! Cool idea. :)

~Barb