Monday, July 28, 2008

Summertime

Last Saturday, Brad and I went down to "The Lake"** for the 51st annual Venetian Night. The evening featured a fleet of both power and sail boats all decorated for the boat parade. The grand finale was a fireworks display accompanied by music provided by a local Chicago rock station.

All in all it was a decent night but not something either of us would be interested in seeing again anytime soon. There were just too many people- blah! **You know you're a Chicagoan if you refer to Lake Michigan as "The Lake."

As we made our way back to the subway, we roamed around Millennium Park. This was perhaps the highlight of our evening downtown.
{Why am I sitting like this- my arms look so uncomfortable!}


Then followed that beautiful season… Summer…. Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2 comments:

Vana said...

I can do that thing with my arms too...I thought i was the only one in the universe:)
I would have loved to dip my feet on the cool water...instead we took the summer heat at the amusement park. It was ok..

Leanne said...

Ha! I didn't even notice I was sitting like this until I saw Brad's picture! I think Venetian Night might have been a little too much for you to manage with Niko to be honest. We walked A LOT but it was pretty neat taking a break in Millennium Park that late into the evening...