Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Griffin & Sabine

I forgot to mention that image on my last post. I was trying to look for a picture that sort of represented Airmail (as in writing to restore a relationship) and then I remembered this trilogy...

Are you familiar with the Griffin & Sabine series? I first heard about the series during a summer photography course at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Tennessee.

Nick Bantock is the author and artist of Griffin & Sabine. The books follow the correspondence between Griffin, a postcard designer in London, and Sabine, an illustrator living on an island in the South Pacific. As the reader, you are very much involved in their correspondence. As part of the trilogy, you have to read their postcards and literally open their envelopes/ letters!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to check to see if my library has the book. It sounds really interesting! You're so sweet and thoughtful. It's a shame everybody doesn't see that in you! It really is their loss.

Vana said...

i think you had shown this to me once. I need to check it out! Sound very interesting.

Leanne said...

Thank you for the sweet words, Joslyn.

And I have these three books if either of you would like to borrow them...hint hint. They are a quick read.

Alyssa said...

You've mentioned these books to me before - still need to read them!!! I need more time in my day. And I don't have any kids yet!! yikes:(

Mrs.French said...

oooo, I love being nosey in a completely ethical way.

Vana said...

Leanne,

I have a surprise for you on my blog...check it out:)