"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud." -Ralph Waldo Emerson, in "Friendship" in Essays, First series (1841)
****
Mack Sennett's bathing beauties {Taken around 1919} Last Saturday, I went "scouting" with my cousin and two college buddies. Each week, Alyssa highlights a few vintage shops (new and old) on her blog. Vana, Jana and myself joined her on this particular jaunt.
{Happy Birthday Jana!}
Chicagoland granted us with cooler than normal August temperatures and we set out shopping, chatting and eating.
Alyssa and Vana both have budding Etsy shops and chatted with a few store owners. {I am hoping to join the Etsy world by the end of the month}. We spoke with Kasey for quite awhile at her little store, Lola B Boutique.
**** After our scouting trip, I checked-out Jana's new townhouse. She's also a rather talented gal! She makes jewelry, she's a teacher and speaks fluent Spanish. Post-college, Jana also spent an entire year down in Costa Rica as a teacher.
Jana and I went to a Goodwill store yesterday. Grandma is the queen of thrift store shopping- we learned from the best. Check out this sweet bag I found yesterday for....$6.99!
Needless to say, I had a nice weekend.
****
The purse is resting on a bone chair that Brad made in college. Furniture design meets art. Sculpture meets home.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Scouting with friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh, i love that bag! Leanne, you always have such luck at goodwill stores. I really enjoyed hanging out with and and seeing Jana again after a long time. She is super cool!
I'd like to use it as a future "interview bag" that will eventually translate into my new "work bag."
I picked up a few other items yesterday, too. To do well at Goodwill (or thrift stores, garage sales, blah blah) in general, you have to search. It's all about the hunt- ha!! However, our grandma, mothers, aunts, etc. took us on outings growing up so we've had LOTS of practice. I think this type of shopping is on the up-swing as a result of the green movement... just my thoughts.
Fun article! I love that quote about friendship:) We need to do this again! Love that bag, too. Nice find!
wonderful bag! I love shopping goodwill and thrift stores and finding things for less. scouting is such fun - especially with friends!
Fun weekend you had! Love your bag you found at Goodwill. For me, nothing beats treasure hunting.
Post a Comment