Brad and I have a family friend, Dennis, that is losing his battle with a brain tumor. I think the Lord is ready for him...
We visited Dennis Wednesday night and when I mentioned Oktoberfest, he got all excited and quietly requested some rye bread with seeds. He has a love affair with all things German and Austrian- especially the food. Though I think Dennis is actually Italian- ha!
Brad made him a tabletop model this week- from memory. He's crazy talented that way. Pre-sickness, Dennis wanted to construct a clocktower in his backyard with a big Austrian flag and garden gnomes.
****
Dennis has held a positive attitude about faith and life throughout his battle. It truly amazes everyone around him. Dennis' mindset has reminded me of Dr. Randy Pausch. He lost his battle to pancreatic cancer this summer. Perhaps you have seen his "Last Lecture" video on YouTube. Millions of people around the world have viewed it on the Internet.
I walk a little different now.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Glockenturm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That Brad. He will LOVE it. It is all so sad, yet inspiring. Like you've mentioned, Dennis seems to be the kind of person who accepts his illness and life with such strength and honesty.
Post a Comment