If you happen to live near the state of Michigan, then you've probably seen one of these commercials on television. I am such a sucker for these "Pure Michigan" videos. So much in fact that Brad likes to poke fun at my sappiness. Whatever :)
****
Brad and I took a breather to Michigan and Indiana over the weekend. We redeemed a Christmas '07 gift certificate to a little B&B in Harbor Country, MI. It was a cozy little place... albeit the shower was in the main living space. Yup! Luckily, the pedestal sink and toilet were in a separate room- hmmm. But breakfast was quite good, the innkeeper was affable, he had an extensive movie collection (free!) and we were close to Lake Michigan.
{My parents didn't know about the plumbing which was actually just a quirk in our room. Go figure. My mother is a ground-level-entrance-inn-motel-Route-66-etc affectionado!}
A few highlights...
A morning walk along the lake, sculpture garden tour around a restored azalea nursery (unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take pictures), wine tasting, antiquing, movie watching and a nice dinner on the marina.
It was a much needed mini-break...
Monday, September 22, 2008
Michiana {part one}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ah! that looked wonderful!! I am so envious - I need one of those weekend trips:) So glad you two got away and relaxed. Looks like you had perfect weather, too!
Looks like you guys had a nice and relaxing mini-vacation! We are looking forward to our break coming up here soon as well :)
Oh Leanne- you two look so relaxed! I am so glad you took some time to get away! We all need a break! Miss you friend!
Looks like a wonderful time!
Sounds amazing!
Enjoy yourself to the fullest :)
Post a Comment