Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Worth renting

...especially on a comfortable, Fall evening.

I made mention of the movie Once on Alyssa's birthday post comment board. And that got me thinking about this wonderful little gem of a film. Last night, during a cool Chicago rain, I listened to The Swell Season. Perfect.

10 comments:

Mrs.French said...

One of my favorite all time movies...I recently saw them in concert and was completely moved. One of my all time favorite concerts to (actually, may just be my top favorite).

Leanne said...

I sort of thought this little film made the rounds on Blogger. I saw it earlier this year with my cousin Jana on our girls night. And then I watched it with Brad the very next evening. Oh man, you got to see them in concert? Jealous! They had 3 shows in Chicago and all of them SOLD OUT super fast!

MIMILEE said...

First time to visit your blog! I will be a regular.....I have not seen this movie but I plan to really soon! Sounds great!

Lindsey Lindstrom said...

fantastic movie, fantastic album. That sounds like a perfect night to me too, friend :)

Leanne said...

My thoughts exactly, Lindsey. Perhaps we should organize a Girls Night in the near future...

Alyssa said...

Perfection. Period.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Sweet Land? One of Dave's top three. King of California was good. What about the Illusionist? We watched that when you Dad was here. We also watched Apocalypto with him, he had not seen that one. I think it's my favorite one Mel Gibson made. And we just watched Lars and the Real Girl Tuesday night.
Teresa

Leanne said...

Hey sister-in-law!! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog! Yes, we have seen Sweet Land. We saw it the last time we were in Georgia with you and Dave! I liked that one, too. No, we haven't seen King of California, The Illusionist or Apocalypto. I would like to see Lars and the Real Girl. That strikes me as more of an indie movie and I didn't think you liked those sort of "art films." I'm kidding. Dave likes to make comments about our movie choices and how arty they often are- ha!

littlebyrd said...

That does sound perfect!

please sir said...

Oh now I'm going to have to check that out asap!