"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'"
~C.S. Lewis
I am blessed with some wonderful girlfriends.
****
Last Saturday, I visited Lola B's Boutique for my friends' trunk show. While I was visiting with my friends, Brad was at a 15-hour board game meet up in the city! 15 hours! blah! It was a glorious autumn day. Perhaps it was too nice because the gals had to compete with the Kane County Flea Market, perfect apple picking weather and the disappointing economic situation. Those that did come to the shop had a lovely afternoon. Kasey's boutique is so elegant. Happy shop anniversary to Lola B's!
Another Etsy gal joined in on the fun, too. I picked up these darling earrings at the show. I thought these looked like pea pods. What a crafty group of ladies!
****
Vana treated me to lunch after the show {thanks, friend}. What a cozy cafe.
Following lunch, I took a quiet solo hike at the Ferson Creek Fen. I used to come to the fen during college. It was a nice breather from the architecture studio. It was also a nice breather between social engagements because I then drove up to my in-laws for a little birthday gathering (sans husband). It was a long day. But a nice day...
Monday, October 6, 2008
Crafty Ladies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love seeing you all together! And that is the best quote :)
Yes, that quote can't be more TRUE!!! You are a dear friend and have given so much of your time and support to us! Thanks again for coming out - you are the best!
Oh Leanne...I absolutely love how you live your life :) Always interested in the most fantastic things...great post! I wish I could have come to the trunk show!
Thanks...
You would have fit right in, Lindsey. We'll see you this weekend at Jon's birthday party.
I love this quote, too. You're welcome, Alyssa. I had a lovely afternoon.
Post a Comment