Happy birthday, dear friend. Vana and I met back in architecture school. She, and her beautiful, European self arrived during undergraduate studies. Her timing was perfect! Aaron met his future wife and I made an amazing friend. Vana's presence was also welcoming because we were down a few girls in the architecture studio {boys get annoying after awhile, truth be told}. I loved seeing her experience snowshowers for the first time. I think growing up in the Midwest made me take snowflakes for granted. It was a real treat to teach Vana about American sarcasm. But now she can dish it out like the rest of us! {True fact} I introduced another dear friend, Alyssa, to my new European friend. And now we have so much fun together- yeah for girlfriends!
Happy birthday, Vana! You are a wonderful mother, excellent cook and enormously talented. Aaron and Niko are crazy about you. And your friends think you're pretty amazing, too! xoxo ****
This post is a day early. I have a good excuse... the boys are coming!! My *little* nephews are in town from the North Georgia Mountains. They are having a sleeping over at "Uncle Brad's house" in the big city. Maybe if I offer then some yummy banana bread I will come in as a close second- ha!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Delightful people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
oh friend, you truly made my tear up this morning. I love you and your wonderful spirit! Thank you for the wonderful words and the friendship. It means more than i can say to me...Have a great time with the kiddos this weekend. They have grown so much!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VANA!!! Beautiful post, Leanne. I love that you post these things on birthdays :) Have fun with your nephews!
Leanne-I hate to break it to you but you'll never be as cool as "Uncle Brad" because you're a GIRL-eww! Don't get me wrong,they still think you're cool...for a girl! Hope you're having fun!
I love Vana!
Look at that awesome family photo!! Happy birthday lovely Vana!!
Just got around to checking my blogs!! As you know, I think you are a dear, Vana:) Hope your birthday rocked.
Oh, I missed it...Happy Birthday to Vana!
Post a Comment