Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend shindigs

I sent these out to Vana last week for her birthday. I thought they were so pretty. Then again, everything in The Peach Tree's Etsy shop is lovely!


Speaking of friends, I met up with Joslyn in historic Oak Park over the weekend. We met in FIRST GRADE!!! Oak Park is a beautiful community and probably best known for its architecture; particularly the work of Frank Lloyd Wright. It was a chilly day in Chicagoland but a visit to the Paper Source, Ten Thousand Villages and a hot latte and conversation warmed things up a bit. I bought a little ring for myself and some supplies for a few art projects. I came home to find a letter from my Uncle (in sunny Arizona) with $20 and a simple note: "grub $$." Sweet!! Brad and I cashed it in and went out for Costa Rican food. We were home for only about 10 minutes when some college friends spontaneously called us to see if we were around to play a new card game. It was a FULL day but a FUN day.

Yesterday, my cousin threw a birthday party for her little girl, Paige. I love that name. Two-year olds have soooo much entertaining energy!




I picked out these cute little butterfly clips that my friend Alisa made. She's a talented mama.

Check out her Etsy shop!


Little girls are so sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, oh my, aren't you the social bug! Had a great time shopping with you! Love the ring - you should post a photo; it really is gorgeous people!

Leanne said...

Ha! We aren't *that* social. Saturday was a little out of the ordinary. It was like two days in one! I enjoyed our outing. That paper picture does show my new ring. Maybe the image is a little small, though. :)

Mrs.French said...

oh my they are lovely...sounds like a wonderful time with your friend too. xo t

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I wish someone would send me $20 for food:) Nice uncle!

littlebyrd said...

I had fun catching up on your blog - Chicago looks like such a gorgeous city! What a wonderful weekend you had and such nice gifts you picked out. I also love the name Paige - in grade school there was girl a year older with that name and she was just so cool!