Monday, December 8, 2008

‘Tis the Season... in two parts

PART I
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."
And yes, it is in fact December 8th already!


Last Thursday, Brad and I watched little Niko so Vana could set up her space at the DEPART-ment Holiday 2008 event in Chicago. {Congratulations Vana! You are mighty talented!} We attempted to watch Wall-E but ended up playing with my old Playmobil toys and did a little robot dancing. Unfortunately, I don't have any cute videos to prove it. blah!

Brad's childhood friend, Andrew, and his family stayed with us on Friday. They did an airport run on Saturday so we had a little sleepover. Owen and Ella* are super cute. Pizza. Pomegranate 7UP. Sweet Potato pie (I won't take credit- Brad's mom made it). Playmobil again. Another attempt at Wall-E. Coloring. Board games after the kiddos went to bed. Good conversation. Late to bed. Early to rise. Overnight snow.

*Owen (the knight) and Ella (the viking). I love this dress-up picture from their Thanksgiving... good times with cousins. We were too busy for pictures last weekend.

Soon after the Peterson's left, I drove with Vana to her art show. And then I promptly came home and took a 3-hour nap. :) The archinerd in me really liked the old warehouse space. I hope you had a lot of foot traffic over the course of the weekend, Vana. After napping, Brad and I watched Wall-E... start to finish this time. Loved it.

1 comment:

Jaimee McClellan said...

What a good friend you are!
Bet you guys had fun with Niko...you & Brad seem like you'd be awesome babysitters :)