RIP Martin Luther King, Jr.
I'm sure you'll be in the thoughts of many at tomorrow's Inauguration.
****
I spent the entire day with my kiddos trying to avoid the dreaded cabin fever of mid-January. We filled the day with many activities. I also played teacher and taught a lesson on Martin Luther King Jr. We listened to excerpts of
"I Have A Dream" and did a worksheet focusing on our own dreams. "...I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal... I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character..."
****
Sara and Noah both wrote down something to the extent of...
"I have a dream that people will be happy."
I couldn't agree more.
Monday, January 19, 2009
January 15, 1929- April 4, 1968
Labels:
social justice,
video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment