Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Sunday afternoon

(Lone Horse. Jared May, photographer. here)

We collected A LOT OF SNOW in Chicago this weekend.

Soooo, what's on your weekend music playlist??

I just finished meal planning for the week. I'm chipping away at my list.

I'm hopeful that this week plays out a little better than last! I got into a fender-bender, his fault, last Monday in front of my kiddos' school. It was a bothersome week of insurance calls. Our car is driveable but needs to be fixed. The dude had a few issues: warrant out for his arrest! carried an invalid auto insurance card! AND, I got a meter-expiration ticket Wednesday morning out in front of the public library. 8 minutes late. Crap. I guess the city really needs the money. blah. Okay... my vent session is over. Though annoying, these things are minor in the grand scheme of things.

****
A lazy Sunday is in order... maybe a little light reading. My trip to the library included acquiring a copy of "Christmas Remembered" by Tomie DePaola {well-known children's book illustrator}. Brad and I listened to a podcast of 'The Story', on American Public Media, Christmas morning about DePaola. Have you ever listened to 'The Story' before? Their goal is to find people whose lives are intersecting with significant issues in the news.
I have a keen interest in sociology and community development. I think we could all benefit from being better listeners.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer."
~Henry David Thoreau


Have a relaxing afternoon...

2 comments:

Racquel said...

Wow, what a rough week! Deb filled us in on things at David's. Sorry you weren't able to make it, but I think you made a good decision. My stomach was in knots on the way over there. Hope you are feeling better these days too. I also hope this week goes by better for you!

Leanne said...

Thanks... though I "enjoy" going to the chiropractor it has become a bit of a bother. It is relaxing but is taking up an awful amount of my time. I really hope this pinched nerve improves ASAP. Yeah, crazy week! Filled with junk. I hope this week is better, too, SNOW and all. blah. I'm sure we would have enjoyed the board game time at David's. We did have a relaxing weekend, though. Which was wonderful.