Thursday, January 22, 2009

New year, new beginnings

Politics aside... a book recommendation. Although, can you offer a recommendation on a book you haven't officially read yet? Hmmm. The seminarian, at my little neighborhood church, mentioned this book last Sunday and I have a copy on hold at the library.

The author, Parker J. Palmer, is a member of the Religious Society of Friends (the Quakers). Regardless of one's faith tradition, the topic of the book probably resonates with many of us today. New year, new beginnings...

4 comments:

Racquel said...

There is also a book out there called the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren on the same sort of topic. I own the book. If you are ever interested in reading it you can borrow it.

Leanne said...

Thanks for the comment and book offer.

I am familiar with "The Purpose Driven Life" and Pastor Warren's Saddleback Church. He also gave the invocation at Obama's inauguration.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne,
I'm sneaking some time from school. After you read this book let me know what you think of it. I'm reading Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper.
Teresa

Leanne said...

Hi sister-in-law... thanks for checking in on a homeschooling break! Will do. And let me know what you think of Piper's book.