
So my new theory about Spring! is that I'm going to tackle a bunch of {overdue} organizing projects. And when I'm finished, the warmer weather will be here as my reward. :)
On Saturday, I designed a poster for this winter farmers market I'm promoting**, deep cleaned our bedroom AND revamped my resume... booyah!! On Sunday I rested.
I love this dresser piece in our bedroom {click on the picture for a better view}. My mother works for a school district and they have some sort of inner-district Craigslist of sorts. I think we got this piece for around $200 and it was in perfect condition. Brad painted that piece above our bed.
I keep some of my jewelery in that green, Depression Glassware {gift from my mother or grandmother}. Little Brad is in that little, mod circle frame. And my adorable nephews are there in black/white. The dude in the middle, with the cute, curly hair is going to be SEVEN! next weekend. Goodness. Brad's grandmother made our curtains and my grandmother made the beautiful quilt at the end of our bed. A lot of the furniture and artwork in our apartment have stories to tell. I think that's the best kind of decorating!
____________________________
**The Genesis Group is hosting a winter farmers market at the end of the month. Churches' Center for Land and People (CCLP) is sponsoring the gathering. Their Winters Farmers Markets & Meals for Hope provide small, local farm producers with additional venues to extend their income beyond the growing season.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Goods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Good luck with the pre-spring cleaning!
Your room looks so good!! I wish I had a relaxing, cozy bedroom right now;) Good job.
Thanks... Someone once told me {my mother-in-law? grandmother?} that when you move into a new space, you should fix up the bedroom first. So you'd have a place to retreat to when everything else is in transition. I used the same approach on this mid-winter clean-up. :)
What a tidy home you keep! Looks so warm and inviting.
Thanks. Hmmmm, tidy?! It's getting there!
I'm surfing blogs while Nathan sits here fixing a train. I clicked on the picture of your room to see the photo of the boys and to see who was in the circle frame. I told Nathan it was Uncle Brad. Nathan said, "Did they have color film back then?" LOL!!!!
Post a Comment