Happy Birthday President Lincoln. I'm sorry that we decorated Valentine's Day cookies on your special day. Perhaps we should have recited the Gettysburg Address instead. {Abraham Lincoln image from Etsy}.
Though I do have fond memories of Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site. My childhood best friend {Hi Joslyn!} moved down to small town Petersburg the summer before we both started junior high school. ugh.
I used to take Amtrak {all by myself! 4 hours!} to see her during junior high and high school. Awww, the memories. She lived within bike riding distance of the park. We spent a lot of time roaming around the grounds and hiking in the woods. Thanks for the Valentine's Day postcard, Joslyn! It is displayed on my kitchen window. I love that Polaroid picture from college. Brad and I look so young- ha!
****
This evening our church is hosting a Darwin Day gathering.
Friday, February 13, 2009
V-Day hodgepodge...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Happy Darwin Day - have fun celebrating tonight. Do you have glitter everywhere yet?
It's Valentine's Day?!
-bred
Yes, Bred... and I'm expecting expensive gifts! :)
xoxo
glitter = not so much. Art happens- ha! {lame, Leanne}
happy early Valentine's day! Are you to celebrating, doing something special?
Hmmm, not really. We might go to a movie. Brad would like to work on a painting sometime this weekend, too.
Those cookies look delish! I need a good recipe!
Post a Comment