Friday, March 20, 2009

A little thing called JOB SEARCHING


{comic via toothpaste for dinner}

Tada!!
New {growing} blog list on the left column: professional development
New post label: professional development
Network, network, network... chipping away at my list.

Sooo, blogging community- do you have any professional development websites to share?? Let's join forces together!!
{I know about Facebook. And LinkedIn. What else??}

I realize this is not cover letter formality. Think of this as a speed dating like summary...

-I am interested in architecture, community and economic development, urban planning, sociology and sustainability.
-I hold a Master of Architecture degree.
-I live in Chicago.
-I chair the environmental and social justice group at my church.
-I presently work part-time+ as a nanny (sometimes a little more).

(I have participated in an assortment of projects, workshops, etc. to keep my focus and skills current.)
(The church group has been a great resource for my resume... and my mental health.)
(We have launched several worthwhile initiatives in a short period of time.)
(I have considered consulting work.)
(I try to give my days a sense of routine.)
(I work on professional development while my kiddos are at school.)
(I also blog during this period as well.)

****
I can also add "Member of Diocesan Sustainability Task Force" to my list of labels. I went to a planning meeting yesterday and was able to use my new calling cards.
****

3 comments:

Vana said...

I like this post! You go girl! And the comics, right on! Seriously!

Kasey said...

i love it also.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Leanne, not sure if you caught this yesterday evening, but it's right up your post: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102243287&ps=cprs

Not so sure about the video resume, but had some other links I was not familiar with.

Happy searching!