Saturday, April 4, 2009

"Less is more"

{quote by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, architect}

This afternoon, to take advantage of the one nice weekend day forecasted {rain? snow? really?}, Brad and I walked around Graceland Cemetery. The LARGE Victorian-era cemetery is a mere 4 blocks from Wrigley Field. We grabbed a FREE! self-guided tour map at the cemetery office, as many notable Chicagoans are buried there. {nerd points!} Graceland borders the Red Line and Purple Line EL tracks. We didn't come across too many other visitors.


Brad is sitting beside the Getty Tomb.

Story of little Inez Clarke...
****
After roaming around the cemetery for a bit, we drove over to Café Selmarie, in Lincoln Square, for hot lattes and cake. YUM.

It was an interesting afternoon.

1 comment:

littlebyrd said...

This looks like a wonderful day. What a cemetary! Really beautiful. Hope the rest of your weekend is great.
Oh! I almost forgot. I found a wooden jewelry box this weekend. I don't know if it is even remotely what you are looking for. It is plain wood where the top lifts open and the interior is a sort of burnt orange velvet and then it has a drawer at the bottom of the box with a sweet little pull. I will get it listed on Etsy and let you know so you can see if it fits what you are looking for.