Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a giant dollhouse

Over the weekend, we hosted a small Easter brunch at our apartment. We walked to our little neighborhood church and it was a pleasant, sunny, mid-50s degree day. Brad and I were joined by his parents and his cousin. It was a simple affair... aside from our attempt to save humanity {we lost}. Brad's cousin played the acoustic guitar and we watched stupid YouTube videos- ya know, like all cherished Easter activities. After everyone left and we cleaned up the kitchen, Brad and I promptly took a long nap.
****
I had a dollhouse as a little girl. I had the traditional family of figurines: a father, a mother, a little boy, a little girl and a baby. And of course the family dog. Mrs. French's post (and this house!) has been on my mind for the past few days. {article here}. What an interesting project:

"Saskatchewan artist Heather Benning transformed an abandoned farmhouse in southwestern Manitoba into a giant dollhouse..."

The upcoming holiday of Easter and the family togetherness that it generally entails, reminded me of this life-sized dollhouse. What would we see/hear if there was a section cut of your home? ...joy, laughter, arguing, dysfunction, music, Sunday napping??? You don't have to answer this question!
"Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf of springtime." ~Martin Luther

4 comments:

Poke Salad Annie said...

that house project is amazing, i love it!

littlebyrd said...

Your Easter weekend sounded nice.
I loved hearing about your trip to Italy in your comment to me today! Maybe you can post some pictures? I would love to see.

holt said...

How neat is that dollhouse! Happy Easter!

Alyssa said...

I know - isn't that dollhouse uber cool??? it intrigues me.