Brad and I have been fans of Check Please! for awhile now. It is a television program on Chicago's local PBS station. Each week, three people recommend and review three restaurants {in the Chicagoland area} and then gather at the studio to share their reviews. Each person on the show visits each other's recommended spot. We've tried many a restaurant reviewed on Check Please! In fact, it is how we found this little Costa Rican eatery that we love {their oatmeal milkshakes are AMAZING}. Before he became the President of the United States, Barack Obama was even a guest on the program!
One of the places featured on last night's episode featured a gluten-free ITALIAN restaurant. Hmmm, seems a bit like an oxymoron, eh? I have been exploring a new way of cooking, these last few weeks, with the notion that I have an allergy to wheat. The owners have seven children- five of whom have Celiac Disease. They have two kitchens and offer a separate gluten-free menu. Good to know! I guess I won't be eating too many {Costa Rican} vegetarian burritos anytime soon. sigh. Maybe just the veggie part, though- ha!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Check Please!
Labels:
Chicago,
gluten-free,
movies/tv
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
go girl! I am anxious to see how this affects you after awhile :) I would have the hardest time being disciplined...
If I'm ever in Chicago, you'll have to pass along your list of eateries! I'm all up for taste testing - although, I run the gammit on allergies too. Aren't we just a blast ;)
(Oatmeal Milkshakes sound rather interesting too!)
Thanks for posting this. I'll to pass along the info to my sister. Sounds like it could make a nice date night place for her and boyfriend.
R- you're welcome
J- if you're ever in Chicago, I would love to actually meet you. And I'll treat you to one of those oatmeal milkshakes!
Post a Comment