Happy {belated} Mother's Day to all you mothers out there...
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.
I am on antibiotic- again- for a sinus/ ear infection. My third combo since Thanksgiving. bleh. Not a fun combination when you're attempting to acknowledge your mother {and mother-in-law}. We had a full weekend with various activities. Though I probably wasn't the most fun to be around, I will admit. Sinus meds make me sooo sleepy.
****
I really need to learn how to sew clothes. How cute are these dresses?!
{via Oh Happy Day}.
****
On Saturday, Brad did some fine art painting in our sun room/ studio prior to a Mother's Day dinner. {I need to take some photos of his work}. I think he's mighty talented.
****
On Wednesday night, I am speaking at Northwestern University at their Environmental Intersections Panel. SEED {Students for Ecological and Environmental Development} organized the program to examine the connection between the environment and another topic. This year, the series will be looking at the relationship of religion to the environment. I will be speaking about my church's environmental and social justice committee; which I helped to establish.
Monday, May 11, 2009
A collection of various things
Labels:
Blogs I read,
faith,
family,
sustainability,
tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sounds really interesting? Are there topics to discuss that are already selected or fly by the seat of your pants kinda party? ;-)
Sorry you're feeling to crummy these days. I'm glad you and Brad were able to make it to our Pre-Mom's Day gathering on Saturday. Thanks for baring with me on teaching me that game. This pregnancy has me very scatterbrained and my mind doesn't seem to be working quite right (it actually is a pregnancy symptom). Very frustrating!
There are topics/ themes for the panel discussion. Here is a sampling from the email I received:
What does your faith’s scriptures/belief system say about humanity’s relationship to the environment? What place are humans given in the world? What is the connection between religion and social justice (clean water/land/healthy food rights) and the environment? What makes a religious approach to environmental concerns unique?
Thank you for hosting dinner on Saturday, Racquel. And I'm sorry about the "pregnancy brain"...
i love those little dresses.
You & me both with these horendous sinus issues. Mine started about last August...so, I'm determined to stretch it out the entire year - why not?!?
I'm just catching up on blogs now, so I hope you're well by now.
Those little dresses are darling. My neices would look adorable in matching outfits!
Hope that speech went well. I'm sure you did great!
Post a Comment