Thursday, May 21, 2009

I won! :)

I received an email in my Inbox this morning. I never win anything.

Subject: Green Festival $800 Savings Challenge Raffle Winner "Congratulations! You have won a prize from the Chicago Department of Environment’s Green Festival raffle. You have won a compost bin. Please contact so-and-so to coordinate the pick-up of your prize."
I'm going to donate my nerdy prize to our church garden. Our gardener already uses the rain barrel we installed. Brad and I live one block from the garden so I'll contribute to the bin easily enough- ha!

4 comments:

Racquel said...

Yay! Isn't winning stuff fun? Too bad it isn't practicle for your apartment. At least it will go to good use at a place you spend some time at.

Alyssa said...

WOW!! congrats - what a prize :)

Jaimee McClellan said...

Congrats!
I won one of my first prizes EVER last year and was sooooo excited!
Then I won two more...don't they say things happen in 3's?!? Hope so :) Then, you've got two more coming!

And how generous of you to donate your prize!

Leanne said...

Brad + I live in an apartment; 1 block from our church. Our church is pretty focused on sustainability topics so I thought it would be a good fit. Ohhh... yes! I DO hope two more goodies are in my future! :)