{tags here}
I came across this post via another blog link. {I can't site the blog right now- total memory lapse} I like this idea of creating a family general store.
"...When kids accumulate money or reach an important goal, they can choose to shop at home instead of Target." My nanny kiddos have sooo many Target trinkets that they seem to end up in every corner of their condo. Every few days, I have them spend a good 10-20 minutes decluttering their bedroom.
Brad and I chatted about this general store idea at dinner tonight. We discussed items we'd both like to add to "the store." Art supplies, Legos, special kiddos-only bed sheets for forts {Brad suggested camouflage bedding}, add-ons to playtime like homemade bean bags {Brad used these alongside his action figures}, a relatively inexpensive camera, etc. I was fairly young when I got my first film camera. I'm not a parent yet and I can't see "the store" lasting into Junior High and High School {let's be honest!} but I do like the idea of approaching it in early adolescence. We'll see. This is just a mental idea at this point- ha!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
{Family} General Store
Labels:
Blogs I read,
tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a fun idea. I can totally see this being implemented in your future family :)
That sounds like a neat idea. Byron and I have been thinking a lot about how we are going to teach our little one about money. Dave Ramsey has some good ideas too http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/cms/index.cfm?intContentID=2958 .
Post a Comment