Integrity- noun. Adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
This morning, I went to check the weather online at the Chicago Tribune. And right there on the front page was an intriguing article title: "Blogger's baby was a hoax". {read article} Seriously?? I was not a follower of her particular blog and pregnancy struggles but goodness, this person must have really wanted some attention.
I'd like to think that I give some forethought on my blog. I have a few posts that are merely drafts. I don't generally share a tremendous amount of personal information. I started this blog- a year ago now- as a means to connect with creative people and engage in insightful {online} conversation. I had no formal agenda. I'd like to think that the blogs I follow are sharing honest remarks, stories and interests. Have we come to the point where we have to second guess our friends and family? Our online acquaintances? Should we be less open? Are we blogging for attention?
{pencils here}
Friday, June 12, 2009
Integrity
Labels:
Blogs I read,
tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am sure people blog for attention, no surprise there! Some do it to compete...no surprise there either. But this one was the craziest thing i have ever heard. I feel sorry for her(:
I agree with you, Vana.
I do feel sorry for her. She must have some real issues to sort out!
Hmmm. I hadn't heard about this. Sadly it doesn't surprise me. Here's to keeping it real ;)
wow.
i myseld have struggled with how open to be on my blogs. but i found that when i am honest {in both senses of the word—open and truthful}, that people don't abuse that and people relate.
i've seen the whole gamut—from very closed and professional to very personal and sharing very private things. i try to be somewhere in between. i like to share some personal things about myself—even in my comments. i would have been hurt if i was one of the ones following her blog. i would have felt duped.
i feel sorry for her, too. it's sad that we live in a world that is makes something like that possible. but i guess someone could live a lie in person, as well as on the internet—equally sad.
Yes! Here's to keeping it real. :)
georgia b. ~Thanks for the comment. You shared some good points...
Post a Comment