Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Montgomery Wards sewing machine


Brad's grandmother found a {vintage} Wards sewing machine for me at an estate sale a few weeks ago. The Owner's Guide mentions it to be a Wards 14 Cam Automatic Zig Zag Sewing Machine Model URR 285. She gave me a little tutorial at a family BBQ Sunday evening. Over the past few weeks, I've bookmarked several blogs with a few projects I'd like to try. I'm hopeful this will turn into a fine-art hobby verses home economics {or maybe a combination thereof}.
****
A few bookmarked ideas:

Security Blanket Project
{baby gift idea}

Ruffle Necklace Tutorial
{so pretty}

Quilted Notecards Tutorial
{skill level: supposedly VERY easy}

Freezer Paper Stenciling Tutorial
{not exactly a "sewing project" but it looks interesting}

Fabric Scrap Memory Game

{again, not exactly a sewing project but a good kid gift, yes?}

I will post updates as I get crafty this summer... and learn more about this sewing machine.

6 comments:

Racquel said...

That's exciting. I really like learning how to sew. I have a bunch of projects bookmarked myself to do for baby. Happy sewing!

Alyssa said...

you are gonna be busy!!! love it - such great industrial design :)

Can't wait to see what you create!

Jaimee McClellan said...

Ooo ooo...I'll take one of those necklaces :) How cute are they!?!

littlebyrd said...

LOVE the necklace ~ make that first!!!

Leanne said...

Okay, okay.. I will try out the necklace first. :)

Anonymous said...

Great find! I can't believe they still had the owner's guide with it; how awesome!

I'd like dibs on one of those cute necklaces too :)