Thursday, June 4, 2009

sun tea

I just brewed a gallon of sun tea to take up to the beach house this weekend. For me, summertime and sun tea just go hand in hand. Though it's only 60 degrees in Chicago today- hardly summer warmth- but it's sunny. Hopefully it won't be too chilly on the beach.

To sweeten the tea, we add a little Agave nectar (or agave syrup) to each glass. It's a natural sweetener that has a lower glycemic index than most other sweeteners out there. I've also been using it as a sugar replacement when baking. I am still grocery shopping, cooking and baking with the notion that I have an allergy to wheat. Cooking isn't as difficult as it was initially. But most importantly... I feel better. I've made a modification to my post labels. At first, I sort of lumped them together but there is a difference between gluten-free and wheat-free diets.
****
Have a great weekend...

2 comments:

Racquel said...

Hope you guys have a fun weekend with your friends.

We've been using agave nectar for years now. I use it in my baking, too. It's also great as a syrup on pancakes and waffles.

Jaimee McClellan said...

Hmmm...I'll have to try that!
Have a great time at the beach...I'll be here catching up on your blog. I've got lots of reading to do ;)