Hello B + L, Good Food + Death = Perfect Anniversary/ Birthday Present! We hope you enjoy cooking these last meals for many many years. Best Wishes, H + T + A... + Death = ... a perfect gift??? Holt illustrates mildly morbid graphic comics. In fact, Brad and I were featured in one. We have some interesting friends, eh?! So when we opened up a package last week, containing this book, it wasn't all that unusual given the senders. {Thank you also for the nerdy reusable bag and the baking utensil. I need to make some special cookies.}
Helpful tip: Do not read said book before going to bed. Bad decision. A bowl of cereal just doesn't compare to Mario Batali's request of eight or ten courses of magnificent seafood, pasta and vegetables. Hmmm.
The BEST feature of "My Last Supper" were Tony and Holt's post-it-note commentaries throughout the book. A hilarious surprise! Wow, there are too many to mention...
The back of the book contains several recipes.
They know us well. I love soup. Brad loves toast. hahaha...
What would be your last meal?!?!
I'm still debating. But soup is tempting.
Thank you! THANK YOU!
P.S.- We miss you guys in Chicago. sigh. Austin is a bit far...
****
It took me a bit to post this over the weekend. On Friday night, some women from my church got together for art/studio time. We drank wine, ate M+Ms, listened to music, worked on individual art projects... and chatted. One worked on an altered book {amazing!}, some scrapbooked, another worked on recipe cards, etc.
On Saturday, Brad and I both received a sewing tutorial from his grandmother. {Oh boy, do we have ideas and projects!} And then met up with some college friends for conversation, dinner, board games.. and spent the night. The late night piƱa coladas had a little extra rum and we washed it down with homemade loaded nachos.. yum! Our friends have two beautiful little girls. This morning after breakfast, I caught up on my Dr. Seuss with 2 cozy buddies on the couch.
I am blessed with some dear friends.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
My Last Supper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are so glad you liked the package! It was lots of fun thinking of comments that you and Brad would appreciate. I hope you enjoy the book in good health!
Post a Comment