{GREEN photograph from my friend Steve's 30 mile hiking trip in the Smoky Mountains...}
Yesterday was my 29th birthday.
Brad + I went to a she-and-him birthday concert earlier this month. We spent part of my birth-day at The Modern Wing with my parents.
My father went to art school and did a fair amount of water coloring painting, as a hobby, during my childhood. He loves to paint Midwestern scenery, particularly barns. I found it humorous to view the contemporary art collection with him yesterday... weird stuff. He seemed to enjoy admiring the new Renzo Piano addition with two, nerdy architecture kids.
My parents bought us lunch and I asked everyone to eat alfresco. We sat with our to-go bags on a bench- in a small, beautiful park adjacent to the museum. A place tucked away from the busy streetscape. It's one of my favorite places in the city... it feels very European.
Brad + I had BBQ take-out for dinner and watched a movie. I had a lovely late-night chat with my good buddy, Alyssa {thanks for the call}. After our friendly chat, I did a little online shopping on Etsy. I bought myself two birthday treats. :)
****
I walked to church this morning and the service was in the garden, along with a little folk band. Later on, I walked to a church pal's house for an art camp show + tell... along with bubbly wine and snacks. She recently returned from Ox-Bow. I feel artfully motivated!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Following 28 and preceding 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day :)
So happy you had a wonderful bday weekend :) It was nice chatting with you - how did those sheets feel?? haha
what did you get on etsy??? curious mind.
Post a Comment