Fleet Foxes - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.
On Friday night, Brad + I hosted dinner with a couple that lives around the corner from us. We met at our little neighborhood church and spent hours talking and listening to music. Melissa is having their first child early next year. An earlier rain cooled things off a bit.. as we chatted with the windows wide open.Saturday welcomed us with her hot + humid wake-up call. ugh. We picked up that free compost bin Saturday afternoon {Finally. Get it together Dept. of the Environment} Pick-ups were scheduled at the Chicago Center for Green Technology. If you're in the area, I would suggest checking out the facility. That is, if you can actually locate the building; it's in a funky location. It's a decent resource for all things under the umbrella of environmental stewardship.
Later that night, Brad + I met up with a college buddy and his wife to see Fleet Foxes. Jayson's caption: @ the Metro, about to see the Fleet Foxes. Also, sweating profusely because it was 157 degrees in there. No joke. Amazing band but the intense humidity was a little too much for me. Let's see... water or crappy beer? Hmmm.Yesterday, I attended my sister-in-law's baby shower. I wrapped up a few freezer paper stenciling projects. Oh, and Racquel recently opened up an Etsy shop. We had Sunday dinner with my husband's folks and grandparents. On the menu: typical Midwestern fare. Mmmm, sweet corn.
Did you have an enjoyable summer weekend??

3 comments:
I thought maybe your were announicng a baby (for you!) Ha! Well your weekend sounds like it was very nice :)
ha! If I was announcing a pregnancy, that would be a post all to itself. :)
glad you survived!! sounds like the music got you through :) yes, metro = sucky in summer.
Post a Comment