Monday, August 31, 2009

She & Him

I listened to a Sound Opinions podcast last night. They interviewed She & Him- Zooey Deschanel + M. Ward. Deschanel stars in the summer indie hit, "500 Days of Summer" {loved the film}. This music video is sooo weird!


****
Brad and I explored Goodwill yesterday, prior to a family gathering. He found some interesting things for a few altered book projects. 59 cents each. And two ugly canvases to paint over and/or within the original painting. We now have four such canvases in our art studio... ready to be transformed.


I'm a fan the children’s book illustrator, Eloise Wilkin. I found one of her Little Golden Books yesterday, "Prayers for Children." Amazon is selling it for $3.99 or more; I found it for 59 cents {hardcover}.

I think it was a pretty successful Goodwill excursion.

2 comments:

Racquel said...

Sweet deals. Byron and I actually went Goodwill yesterday too. He always gets excited about finding clothes for work there.

Jaimee McClellan said...

I have yet to see that flick...I'll get around to it though, I hope.

Good deal on that Golden Book - SCORE!

I'm loving this cooler weather too - perfect tea weather!