My big fall project wrapped up today. {I took a 2-hour nap this afternoon as my reward}. I was the project coordinator for my church's Earth Festival. I didn't do all the work; I did have some wonderful volunteers helping me out. It was a casual gathering on a cool and cloudy day. I was hoping for more foot traffic but beggars can't be choosers.
I didn't take too many pictures at the gathering. I left those up to our church photographer. My good friend Alyssa was a vendor and her treasures looked lovely. Vana's boys dropped by as did my architectural mentor. {I'm sorry we didn't get a picture together, Joslyn}


The silly bag hanging from the tree is supposed to be an "eco-balloon." haha! It wasn't my idea but the other ones looked more like "green" lanterns. :) Our CSA farmer donated the delicious fruits and vegetables & colorful flowers. A neighborhood cat joined in on the festivities and at one point, decided the CSA box looked cozy.


All in all is was a nice day... Live folk music. Homemade tamales, fresh salads, yummy pie, hot coffee and locally made gelato & apple cider sorbet. Interesting vendors. A bike donation drive. Our emphasis was more on fellowship with our friends and neighbors rather than church fundraiser. We also wanted to create an opportunity for interfaith dialogue- particularly on the topics of sustainability, social justice and community development.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Green fete
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
had an awesome time! so nicely organized -j :)
Thanks for inviting me to participate! I had a fun time hanging out, selling, and sampling all the tasty treats :) Good work!
Looks like all your hard work paid off.
Looks like a great turn out!
And Mmmmmm pie & cider...delish!
Post a Comment