I've been in a blogging funk this week. Wednesday was a glorious fall day in Chicago. My nanny kiddos and I walked home from school, crunched in the leaves and talked. Good times. The remainder of the week was cool and rainy. This umbrella has proven to be a an oddly humorous conversation starter. Strangers compliment me on my umbrella a lot. Sooo weird!
I even received an admiring remark in the elevator this afternoon... leaving the doctor's office. Which brings me to: acronyms.
TMJ + ETD ... from the ENT
I went to an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist to discuss chronic sinus pain/headaches, ear discomfort and dizziness. Lovely, huh?? It's been an uncomfortable week- hence the pause. To evaluate the dizziness, I had some blood work done earlier this month to check my iron and thyroid levels (both came back normal) ... Temporomandibular joint disorder + Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. She was a very kind and understanding doctor. Both are treatable- though bothersome- and we're looking at a more holistic approach rather than going on another antibiotic.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Acronyms & rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, you poor thing!
{Did he use the "HOSE" as my doctor calls it? THAT is the most unpleasant dohicky ever!}
Man! You've had a rough bout with these sicknesses :( So sorry to hear your week hasn't been too great. Hopefully you have been able to rest.
That umbrella is pretty cheerful! I've never seen it before :)
feel better soon. I still want to schedule that coffee date:) that umbrella is so cool. Where did it come from?
Thanks. I feel like I have some answers now to the dizziness and headaches {thank goodness}. AND I'm a fan skipping out on another round of antibiotics. I have some nerdy books on hold at the local library {sinus jazz and TMJ}. No, she didn't use "the hose" but I saw it in the doctor's office. :)
I bought the bubble umbrella on Amazon earlier this year. 20 bucks. Never folds up in the rain/wind! Noah, my nanny boy, calls it 'the mushroom.' ha!
Post a Comment