Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I HEART BRUTALISM

Still need a gift for that architecture lover in your life?? Encourage their passion for the urban environment with this t-shirt illustration of Florence, Italy. {CafePress has quite a few architecture themed t-shirts} Or what about this t-shirt showing ones love of Brutalist architecture? tempting, no? {I should mention, my husband and I met in architecture school}.
****
Brad forwarded me this link about an online series: Working out of the Box. It is a series of features presenting architects who have applied their architecture backgrounds to alternative career paths.

We have several friends that are looking outside the box of a traditional architecture career. I would add myself to this grouping. Brad is pondering it as well.

1 comment:

Noah Mishkin said...

Thanks for the link to "Working out of the Box". I read a few of the profiled "former architects" and took a lot of comfort reading about others who have moved on, much like myself.
Love your posts!