I went on a solo 'L' ride & checked out The Renegade Holiday Fair this afternoon. I listened to my favorite Christmas album en route & modeled my new upcycled cashmere mittens {thank you Rebekah!}. Adding to the festive mood, I put up our Little Fake Christmas Tree last night. Working against the festive mood, we watched No Country for Old Men afterwards. Hmmm.
****
The indie fair was unbelievably crowded but I prevailed and found some beautiful Christmas gifts. I have a tight budget and a small list of recipients this season; so I wasn't too overwhelmed. It was 1-part Christmas shopping and 1-part gallery opening. :) Just about every artist had an Etsy shop.
****
A few pieces I admired...
--Screenprinted posters {... and a musician I like!}: 
--Handmade dolls... and their photobooth antics: 
--Homemade snowflake soap {scented with vanilla and sugar}: 
--Animal Track ID Memory Game Set: 
****
I bought myself a birch wood picture holder. I will mention a few other finds later this month { ... after gifts are opened}.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a FUN day! I can't believe your mittens arrived already - awesome :)
Post a Comment