Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brad drew this doodle a couple days ago and for some reason, gave it to me. What is it? I asked. "The planets. But I only drew in Mercury." clearly.
****
It's been a challenging week. Not in the adrenaline infused sense of finishing say, your thesis project. Lots of prayers on my mind this week. A good college buddy was laid off December 23rd. Another college friend had to contemplate filing for unemployment. My brother, the farmer, is looking for work to hold him over until spring.

I have a cold that turned into a sinus infection.

snow!

And... my job took an interesting turn.

I haven't mentioned my job too much on the blog. I work as a nanny for two {delightful} children- a little girl (ten) and a little boy (eight). I would like to keep their affairs private. They need to sort some things out. I've had to answer some tough life questions with the children this week. If you're a spiritual person, the family could use some prayers at the moment.

Despite craving a job in my field of study {architecture/community development!}, I need to count my blessings. Times are tough. I was needed this week. A lot. And for that, I am grateful.
****
I'm reading another Donald Miller book. Its been the perfect sort of text to read this week. some laughs, some cries. He really makes you think.

I'd like to post some Year End/Year Beginning goals & observations.

But for now... I only drew in Mercury.

3 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I love the sketch :) Thinking of you right now. Sorry it's been a tough week :( I have two friends from other blogs that are going through some heavy personal stuff too and it makes my heart ache for them. With that, have a wonderful Sunday and I hope your sinus infection goes away soon. Those are nasty things!!

Alisa said...

Thinking of you and wishing you and those around you the best. We watched 500 Days of Summer this weekend and "Tom" reminded us of Brad and that got us to talking about you guys. We miss you---feel better soon!

Racquel said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well and weren't able to join us on Sunday. feel better soon!