Tuesday, March 23, 2010

garden club

{vintage photographs via abby try again}

I met up with an old friend from architecture school in downtown Chicago last week. The weather was brilliant. Jenn and I reconnected on Facebook and hadn't seen each other in person for years. I was a little nervous about the meetup- mainly because of the lapse of time. Would it be awkward?

We met at the train station and walked + talked our way to the Art Institute of Chicago. Conversation was easy. The museum didn't open for 45 minutes so we sat in the Lurie Garden for well over an hour and talked some more. We rediscovered our common interests + learned that our husbands are both equally obsessed with board games :) Jenn recently resigned from her job. I'm looking for gainful employment. We swapped networking contacts in the sunshine.

We did eventually walk around The Modern Wing* for a little while. And then grabbed some lunch, sat in another garden space... before parting ways.

Relationships matter.

*{I bought a membership via Groupon last summer- great deal!}

2 comments:

littlebyrd said...

That sounds like a really nice day Leanne! Reconnecting with old friends is one of my favorite things in this world :)

Alyssa said...

How great! Do I know Jenn? So glad you had a lovely day in the garden/art museum with an old friend :)