I ventured over to the vintage bazaar with a friend on Saturday and we were both amazed by the crowd. It was held at the historic Dank Haus- the German American Cultural Center in Chicago. The bazaar was like the vintage side of Etsy- a lot of clothing, shoes, jewelry and home furnishings.
I found a Fire-King glassware piece, an 8" bowl. I got it for a steal because the young man selling it just blurted out a super cheap price. lucky find!
{I collect the orange glassware}
My other find was this book: "Adult Games: 101 Sure Ways To Liven A Party Or A Quiet Night At Home Alone!" It's a Dell purse book from 1963 :) 
pg 23- Waist Guessing ~ "This proposition will get the crowd actively participating. Arrange a four-foot length of rope or a thick chord in a circle on the floor, its ends just crossing at the closure. Ask each, in turn, to watch the circle closely while you diminish it (by pulling on the crossed ends). He must call "Stop" when he thinks it's the size of his waist. Hold it at that size and put the loop around him- and see his amazement! For even the most ardent waistline-watchers nearly always guess comically over-size."
Wow, what a p-a-r-t-y!
The inside back cover is an advertisement for other Dell purse books.
Here are a few...
~Month-by-Month to Motherhood
~Exercise to a New Figure
~Eye Make Up
~Becoming a Woman
~The Jacqueline Touch
~75 Hair Styles (1963 edition)
~Coins
~Mixing and Serving Drinks
~Teenagers' Hairdos (2nd edition)
~Training and Caring for Cats
~Training and Caring for Dogs
~Explaining Life to a Child
~House Plants
Monday, March 1, 2010
Adult Games: 101 Sure Ways To Liven A Party Or A Quiet Night At Home Alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a hilarious book! I love the other titles too :) Sounds like a fun event.
Post a Comment