Sunday, June 6, 2010

Matisse, The Beatles and Coco Chanel

I very much enjoy roaming the Art Institute of Chicago by myself. We have a membership pass and whenever I'm in the area, I try to squeeze in time to wander around the museum- even if it's just for 20 minutes. I don't mind the company but I'm also quite content exploring on my own. I like to people watch and overhear conversations. After an appointment on Friday, I wandered over to the museum to check out the Matisse exhibit.

****
Our neighborhood church organized a "Beatles Mass" last night. I'd say it had a rather progressive theme: Celebrate peace and love - ancient Christian tradition with a Sixties spin :) Big turnout...

****
When Brad and I were still dating, we saw "A Hard Day's Night" at this dumpy movie theater in Old Town. They had two movies playing that weekend: The Beatles & "Requiem for a Dream." Both films ended @ the same time. Half the movie goers were giddy and chatty... the other half looked pretty depressed.

****

I rented "Coco Before Chanel" last night. It was a bit of a departure from The Beatles... haha. I liked it, didn't love it. There were two Chanel movies that came out about the same time. Rent this one- the French one. Audrey Tautou {Amelie!} stars as Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I rented Coco Before Chanel awhile back...I thought it was interesting. You should rent "The September Issue." It's a documentary about the making of the september issue of vogue and Anna Wintour...I thought it was pretty good too. How was your trip to good ol' central illinois? We miss you guys!

Jaimee McClellan said...

Thanks for the review...I've been wanting to see this one!

Jaimee McClellan said...

Oh, and I was lucky enough to see a few Matisse works myself last month in Philly. We're members too...much to my hubby's surprise ~ thought it would be nice for the family to be immersed in the arts...not just SPORTS! :)

Excited for the upcoming Renoir exhibit ~ only 2 more weeks!