I found this section in my journal. Don't you love finding something that gives you inspiration for a second time?
The divided life comes in many and varied forms. To cite just a few examples, it is the life we lead when...source: "A Hidden Wholeness: The Journey Toward An Undivided Life."
*We refuse to invest ourselves in our work, diminishing its quality and distancing ourselves from those it is meant to serve.
*We make our living at jobs that violate our basic values, even when survival does not absolutely demand it.
*We remain in settings or relationships that steadily kill off our spirits.
*We harbor secrets to achieve personal gain at the expense of other people.
*We hide our beliefs from those who disagree with us to avoid conflicts, challenge and change.
*We conceal our true identities for fear of being criticized, shunned or attacked.
by Parker J. Palmer
{graphic art print}

2 comments:
LOVE this...
Thanks, Lindsey.
I've read two books by Palmer (when I was in a funk & looking for meaningful work). I really like the way he writes - clear, focused and relatable.
Post a Comment