Monday, June 2, 2008

Provenance

kin·dred
Having a similar or related origin, nature, or character; a kin to

For those that grew up in the early 1980s, you might remember the PBS series "Anne of Green Gables." Well, perhaps my female friends remember the series! When I ponder on the word kindred, I instantly think of Anne...a kindred spirit.

de·sign
To create, fashion, execute, or construct according to plan

ar·chi·tec·ture
The art or science of building

This is a personal blog. I would like to stay in touch with friends, near and far, and other like-minded people. I wanted to create a little place online to jot down my thoughts and current ventures. My education is in architecture and I live in an urban neighborhood. I am motivated by an interest in community and economic development and its relationship to sustainable initiatives.
Saarinen's First Christian Church building in Columbus, Indiana

“Always design a thing by considering it in its next larger context - a chair in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment, an environment in a city plan.” -Eliel Saarinen

2 comments:

Vana said...

I like you first post, a lot!

Alyssa said...

Great! Welcome aboard:) We JUST got internet - I am connected again.