I am presently in-between jobs in my field of study: architecture/community development/sustainability. After job searching for quite sometime, I have endured a lot of ups and downs (unfortunately more downs). It's been difficult on many levels- primarily due to lack of available funding (for new positions) and the economy as a whole.
I recently started working as a nanny. I get to spend my days with two neighborhood kids, a brother and sister pair. They are wonderful and my commute is insanely short. During the time the kids were at school and now while they are at summer camp, I get to work on professional development. I feel needed and it gives me pause from the computer. Even though I anxiously await a new chapter in my career, I am enjoying this non-traditional interim.
Like yesterday for example...we watched the 1971 classic "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." This is one of my personal favorites and I watched it A LOT as a child. They had never seen the original movie (and only saw parts of the Johnny Depp remake) and I was able to watch them experience the movie for the first time. They loved it!!
I haven't discussed faith too much on my blog but God works in mysterious ways.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Thank you Willy Wonka...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful "interim"...although, I was pertrified of Willy Wonka as a child. The Umpa Lumpas frightened me to death for some reason. I still can't watch it to this day - 25 years later.
So far so good...
The movie that petrified me as a child was "The Never Ending Story." I still haven't seen the whole film! Falkor, the flying dragon creature with the canine head, scared me to death!
Post a Comment