Yesterday afternoon, after attending church in the garden and taking a lazy Sunday nap, Brad and I took the subway and checked-out the Wicker Park Fest. The festival featured live indie music on two stages, local cuisine and arts and crafts vendors. We went to hear two bands: The Most Serene Republic and Maps & Atlases.
Good shows- can't beat the $5 cover charge!
It was an extremely warm Chicago summer afternoon but a great gathering never-the-less. Despite the crowd, I bumped into an old co-worker/friend.
I love small-town/big-city moments. Between shows, we browsed Myopic Books...and took in a little a/c. {Myopic reference for Holt}
Here's to summertime and new music!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Summertime, take 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You two had a great time i bet! So sorry we didn't make it down there on Saturday. But we had much going on!
That sounded grand!! Never been:( But, Myopic Books has a very special place in my heart - Pete and I had our second date there:) Old Man and the Sea, to be exact. Still our favorite.
I referenced the bookstore for my friend Holt because she's had a crummy weekend. Her aunt passed away. I wanted to give her a Chicago memory.
Perhaps you and Pete should make another trip to Myopic and pick up a new book to read together. It could be your break from fixing up the house!!
Thanks Leanne you are so sweet! I love Myopic and I miss rainy Chicago days rooting around in the bookstore. Your blog embodies all that is fun and wonderful about Chicago. I love reading about your adventures.
It also reminds me that Austin seriously needs to get on the stick about public transit.
Thanks for checking out my blog. Obviously, if you and Tony were still in the area, you'd be joining us on these Chicago adventures! I thought Austin was pretty green. What is the deal with public transit?
Post a Comment