Back in college, Brad and I skipped out of a required architecture lecture series to attend a showing at the Chicago International Film Festival. We went with two other couples and saw Amélie. Unbeknownst to us, the director attended our screening! There was a Q&A session at the end of the movie.
Raspberries will forever remind me of that sweet little girl...
Because of you, Amélie Poulain, I occasionally order crème brûlée for dessert. I even convinced Brad to order it, with two spoons, for his birthday dinner.
**
My husband was already a fan of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's work...pre-Amélie. Brad first introduced me to his film, Delicatessen, when we were "unofficially" dating. Alyssa, don't watch it...one of the characters is a circus clown. You've been warned! {Anyone else with a fear of clowns?}
It is set in a post-apocalyptic apartment building in a France of an ambigious time period. The story centres around the tenants of the apartment and their desperate bids to survive. {Wikipedia}Another favorite of his is The City of Lost Children.
A dystopian French fantasy/drama {Wikipedia}Brad's quirkiness continues to amaze me!

5 comments:
I generally describe Delicatessen as a post-apocalyptic comedy about cannibalism, but your description is good enough. Blants.
-Brad
I'll have to take a gander at Delicatessen...sounds far to interesting to miss!
Still remember our outing to see Amelie...and still in love with this movie
Wish I could have seen the the screening with you guys!! I still love the film though - I think I've watched it, oh - 100 times!
Oh, and garden gnomes also remind me of Amélie...ha! There aren't too many films on my list that I could watch over-and-over again but I very much enjoy Amélie. And the soundtrack is sooo French- in a good way of course!
Post a Comment