After our tour (previous post) and a cool down at Culver's, Brad and I met up with an old roommate of mine, Melissa. Melissa lives in an old farmhouse with her husband and their little boy, Alex. Last year at this time, they were just getting settled back in the States after spending close to a year in Papua New Guinea. Needless-to-say, we had PLENTY to talk about!!
A traditional PNG Highlands wedding
Melissa, Bizo and little Alex (pictures from Melissa's blog)
I LOVE this picture! Melissa and Bizo had little Alex while in PNG. And I got to meet his little 16-month-old-self yesterday...what a cute little guy!
It was so easy to talk with Melissa yesterday. I was a little nervous, I will admit, because a number of years have passed but conversation was easy. I'm so glad that we were able to reconnect.
Thank you for a great afternoon friend...
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Catching up at the farm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
nice pictures of all of you. I remember her from college!
hi sweet friend! It was so lovely to see you and Brad. Thank you for taking the time to drive over and sit and talk despite the YEs! insane humidity. Love the pics. I was a little nervous too! I think we both did fine, don't you? :) I peeked at December...you crazy pickle BRAD! can't wait to connect again!
Yes, I thought you might have remembered her Vana.
Thanks for checking-out my blog, Melissa. I guess our emotions were similar. But I agree, I think we did fine! Isn't it funny how some friendships seem like work while others are so much more relaxed?!!
**Here's a little side note, Brad likes to write silly notes on other people's calendars...
Great photos - looks like you all had a grand time together:) Love her png highlands outfit!
Post a Comment