Yesterday, on an exceedingly humid Chicago day, I cashed-in my birthday gift: a tour of the Farnsworth House. Thanks Brad! I won't go into too much detail as I've already rambled on about this famous retreat in the past.
The little visitor center in little Plano, Illinois. People come from all over the world to see the Farnsworth House but everyone must park beside the corn! Hello from the Midwest! This couple on our tour were from Milan, Italy. They are exploring all things Wright and Mies in the greater Chicago area.
Upon leaving the center with your docent, you must hike a good quarter mile or so into the woods along the Fox River (ie, bugs!) The home used to be situated beside a meadow but it now sits amongst a woodland.
Archinerd pictures to follow...
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Art for Art's Sake
Labels:
architecture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
great shots! Did you take that interior photo through the window?? hehehe
Thanks! Yes, I took the picture through the window. We weren't allowed to take any pictures inside the home.
this place is beautiful.
k-
Indeed it is!! You should take a trip out to Plano, Kasey. Make it a date with the hubby.
Post a Comment