Thursday, August 28, 2008

Etsy follow-up

At times, I have a hard time spending money on myself. I like giving gifts and I love writing correspondence but the me part is one of my quirks. My 28th birthday was last week and I purchased three Etsy pieces for MYSELF...

Square Pendant from Michelle Swafford Pottery
Earrings from The Peach Tree
{Fiestaware mug from the thrift store. It's my new ice cream dish!}

My earrings came in these little crocheted bags. I admire the joint venture that Etsy can provide. What a creative idea for packaging! I love tea, too!
****
Etsy update at my end...

I wrote a post awhile back mentioning my interest in setting up a little shop. I'm still interested in these creative pursuits. My clever, imaginative husband has decided to join me, too!

Brad took two holidays this week to paint, play board games and relax. He's working on some watercolor postcards with original comic art. I think the reason Brad has decided to sell his art on Etsy with me is so that he can funnel "his" sales to buy more board games- ha! Hey, whatever it takes to get an art buddy!

I will post more information as soon as we figure out shop details.

12 comments:

ThePeachTree said...

What a wonderful project to begin together! You know what they say, "the couple who's crafty together laughtys together" :) Okay, maybe I"m the only one that says that...

I'm thrilled that you liked your earrings! We simply must remember to do more things for ourselves!

Vana said...

Leanne-
Love your Etsy purchased. It makes three of us now, Alyssa, you and I own the same Buttercups earrings...fun:) I also love the square pendant.

Brad-
I can't wait to check some of those watercolors out...I am in the process of creating some myself...

holt said...

Loved the jewelry Leanne. I can't wait to buy me some Brad comics!

Leanne said...

The Peach Tree- I like your little quote. I'm more than thrilled and I will definitely be back to your Etsy shop! Yes, I think the "me" part sometimes gets lost in the shuffle of life...

Vana- ha, creative minds think alike! Thanks for your support. Brad seems rather excited...

Leanne said...

Holt- I know Brad would love to furnish your new home with goofy comics! We miss you guys...

Anonymous said...

Love the jewels Leanne! The necklace is really awesome, I love it's simplicity. Can't wait to shop at the Gehrig Etsy site :) Enjoy your long weekend.

Anonymous said...

Leanne, thanks so much for featuring my pendant on your blog! I'm so glad you like it!

Leanne said...

MSPottery- You're welcome! The pendant is lovely. Thanks for checking-out my blog.

ThePeachTree said...

Vana and Leanne,

Well it really makes 4 of us as I keep a pair just for me as well :)

Mrs.French said...

Great etsy finds my dear...you deserve them Birthday girl. I am dying to see your shop. I will be anxiously waiting.

littlebyrd said...

The earing are wonderful! How great that you and Brad will be doing this together! I love it!

Alyssa said...

Fabulous stuff, leanne!!! That is too funny that we ALL have Peach Tree's buttercups now;) This makes me want to go buy some things for myself - my bday is saturday!