Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm tired.

Today I took the kiddos on a Chicago adventure. School starts up again after Labor Day. What a day...

A train ride to downtown (kids ride free in the summer), a boat ride on the Chicago River ($2/ride), a window-shopping trip to the Lego Store, a walk down Michigan Avenue, a bathroom break at the Cultural Center, silly pictures at The Bean, a break on the footbridge to dip our feet, a picnic lunch, summer water fun at Crown Fountain, another dip on the footbridge, a paper-making craft at the kids tent, another walk along Michigan Avenue, another boat ride, a popcorn treat, and another train ride back to our neighborhood. I'm tired.

10 comments:

Vana said...

you seem ready for a break my friend! Perhaps it will be a good thing they are back in school soon. It will give you some time to yourself and focus on your things...thanks for the email. cute pics.

Anonymous said...

Boy, what a day you had! Rough job!

Leanne said...

It was a fun day but also a long day. I'm not exactly complaining as the weather today was quite nice and the kids are really sweet. However, it will be nice to get back to my own work as far as professional development is concerned once school starts up again. I will remember these sort of adventures, though, come winter in Chicago...

Alyssa said...

That sounds wonderful!!! Are you sure you're not ready for kids of your own???? hehehe

Vana said...

yes i am with alyssa on this question...aren't you???What about you Alyssa?

Leanne said...

Your questions are pretty direct, ladies!!

littlebyrd said...

Chicago sounds wonderful! It's a good tired, huh? I sure loved the last couple of comments you left for me. I know what you mean about being cynical - I do that too.

Vana said...

i know, you;re right! A bit to direct..sorry:)

please sir said...

Oh sounds great...even a bit hectic!

Leanne said...

littlebyRD- yes, a good tired. I really do like Chicago...

please sir- it was a bit hectic!