Michiana {part one}
On the way back to Chicago, I made Brad stop at Tryon Farm.
Architecture field trip! Conservation field trip!
"But what truly distinguishes Tryon from other conservation communities ... is that its development strategy is coupled with progressive architecture." -Dwell, November 2007
****
Tryon Farm Guest House... with outdoor bathing spa {which is the red tree house attachment on the left}
****
Post-tour lunch in Michigan City, Indiana.
How's that for scenery?!
All in all, I think Brad and I had a nice weekend. It was a little difficult to get up this morning I will admit. And I didn't like cleaning up the kitchen last night and getting my mind ready for the week. Oh Michigan, you're a tease!

5 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Lucky you!
Leanne! You forgot to tell everyone that we ate lunch under that tree, next to the Harbor O' Motorboats. Also, behind the tree is the cooling tower for the power plant. All in all, it was a memorable place to eat my selection from the menu of uniformly priced fish dishes.
-Brad
Very cool! I love the idea of the outdoor bathing spa. Glad you had a good weekend!
Brad, I didn't forget those details. I knew your witty banter would spill into a comment {it worked}. Ha!
That looks like such a great mini break!!!
Post a Comment