Brad recently surprised me with a copy of Eric Joyner's book, "Robots & Donuts." Joyner celebrates the era of tin toy robots in post WWII America. His paintings are a mesh between metal toy creations and his artistic imagination. Oh, and he often includes donuts in his paintings. {Who doesn't love donuts?} Thanks Brad!
****
On the robot theme, which I LOVE by the way, Alyssa gave me a belated birthday gift over the weekend. It's a cotton dish towel that is hand silk screened with seven days worth of chores. "Luckily robots don't mind the work! And don't worry...they get Sunday off." Thank you Alyssa!
****
A robot post wouldn't be complete without adding this video!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
We are robots
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
## CARBON UNIT DESIGNATED LEANNE
## CEASE YOUR SLANDER AGAINST OUR KIND AT ONCE << WE ARE NOT CUTE << WE ARE EVIL
## END TRANSMISSION
That's a cute post! Thanks for the smile.
hahahaha! Silly Brad.
Joslyn, are you familiar with Flight of the Conchords??? We have Season 1 on dvd if you'd like to borrow them.
:)
love the towel!
LOVE these gifts! So cute!
That made my morning:) I love that clip - a personal favorite. So glad you are enjoying the towel!!
I wish I got something so cute and girly for my birthday such as a towel. All I got was a 6 pack of microwave bbq pork rinds.
Anonymous... who are you? Is this by chance Teresa, my sister-in-law, in the North Georgia Mountains?
:)
LOL, You guess really close! It was Teresa transcribing for Dave. :o) He wanted to see if you would be able to guess it was us.
Hahaha! YES... I figured it was a "GA comment!"
Post a Comment